New Talent Award
Terms of Award
We invite applicants to submit their papers to be considered for the New Talent Award. The topic of the paper has to be in a field that is covered by the SciCADE conference. The winner of the best paper will be invited to give a plenary talk at SciCADE 2015 in Potsdam.
All local expenses will be covered for this speaker, and the registration fee will be waived as well.
Who is eligible to apply:
- a candidate must be under 35 years old as of 1 January 2015; and
- a candidate must not have completed their PhD more than 4 years ago (that is, before 1 January 2011).
- Those wishing to be considered for the New Talent Award are invited to email a electronic manuscript and a note giving their birth-date and the date when their PhD was completed to Ernst Hairer (Ernst.Hairer at unige.ch).
- Deadline for New Talent submission is 31 May 2015.
- A candidate may submit a jointly-authored paper, but the entry must primarily be the original work of the candidate. In this case, we ask that the manuscript be sent along with a statement from the co-authors agreeing to the submission and detailing the candidate's contribution to the paper.